Saturday 4 August 2012

More Chandigarh photos - for the architects out there

Wish I could have take more interior shots, mais pas possible.  Security threat.  As I said, it became evident that the public getting in to State Assembly buildings like these is the exception rather than the rule in India. So I asked about the tradition of public galleries in parliament so that the common people could watch their elected representatives in action, for the sake of transparency, and I was told that that is what television is for. Intetesting.

I dont know what order the Blogger ap is going to post these photos. Heres the captions. You can figure out which goes where:

- Approaching the Assembly. 
- Car body scrap yard on the roof of the High Court. (Pardon me madam. Who said you could go on the roof?)
- Where Corb's vision of open green spaces and the city beautiful (or whatever it was) meets reality. The High Court looking toward the Assembly and no-man's land in between.
- This is cool and so not-Corb: tall poured concrete walls made with bulging canvas formwork. Results looks like a slumping mattress.





No comments: